19 Mayors join the SCLCA!
The SC Livable Communities Alliance (SCLCA) is now supported by 19 Mayors statewide! We all want a state Complete Streets policy. See our Policy Letter of Support here.
We want SCDOT to pass a state Complete Streets policy that enables streets that are safer, healthier, and more accessible for users of all ages and abilities, regardless of their mode of transportation. Specifically, we want a state policy that:
- seamlessly integrates state roads with local streets, with national multimodal design standards,
- coordinates tightly between state, regional and local planning and elected bodies,
- ensures your mode of transportation is just as safe as all the others,
- honors rural and urban interests,
- invests in long-term state priorities
- moves our state towards a higher quality of life,
- integrates with Federal Highway Administration required safety performance measures,
- improves SCDOT processes and street designs, and restores trust and transparency,
- supports people of all abilities having full access to their chosen mode of transportation.