Jobs, Internships, & Volunteer Opportunities
The following internships are available. Please send inquires for further information here.
- Communications: seeking an intern to assist with social media support, member engagement & development, and campaigns for current legislative or agency policy advocacy.
- Education: seeking an intern to assist with Bike and/or Pedestrian Safety Education program execution, specific to South Carolina.
- Policy: seeking an intern for policy development, campaign strategy development, and other areas. Experience / expertise in campaigns and/or Political Science a must, with some knowledge of the planning - or legislative - processes.
- Email us to seek the most current volunteer opportunities.
- Advocate at the state level. Find out how here, including letting your elected officials know your thoughts, attending public meetings / input surveys, or writing letters and emails as a concerned citizen.
- Advocate locally. Find a local organization here, and contact them.
- Grow your own local advocacy, through participating in training we provide through our Livable Streets Academy.
- Consider developing a Bicycle Friendly program in your Community, Business, or University. This could include asking your employer to adopt some bike-friendly practices at your place of work, such as installing a bike rack and providing a shower. Contact us for talking points and tips.
- If you are passionate about education, check out our Safe Streets curriculum available for educators, contact us to become an SSSL ambassador through 1-on-1 trainings, or become a fully certified League Cycling Instructor through a 24 hour course to teach Smart Cycling courses in your community.
- Volunteer for PCC's fundraising ride Festivelo, and ride for free!
- Replace one car trip per week with a bike or walk/transit trip!