SC Bike Routes
These are routes we have collected over the years, from other state and national partnering organizations. We do not attest to the safety of these routes, so additional research may be necessary, given your own riding needs and preferences.
- sidepaths and multi-use linear parks, includes trails that are paved and unpaved
- created by the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism, and recently updated
- SC’s 6 cross state routes
- on road, primarily rural, adjacent to fast moving traffic
- created by SCPRT in the 1980’s. Many routes have 4 foot shoulders, but many do not. A google map search may reveal more up do date information about presence of shoulders.
- paved trails in South Carolina
- created by the Rails to Trails Conservancy for South Carolina
- routes in SC, GA, and NC
- for the long distance, confident rider who enjoys rural routes