Show your Bike Love.
January 3, 2017//Comments Off on Show your Bike Love.
See what 2016 brought to South Carolina in state bike advocacy.
Care of the Palmetto Cycling Coalition, for all of you.
- Passed H.3909, the Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Act, through the SC Senate (2016), with final passage at a future date.
- Analyzed SC Department of Public Safety crash statistics, to better inform and define our state bicycle and pedestrian safety problem.
- Began forming the SC Livable Communities Alliance, to advance a necessary state Complete Streets policy.
- Utilized leadership from PCC’s C4C network of planners to vet draft state policy.
- Trained more SSSL ambassadors in the SSSL curriculum, and taught for additional audiences.
- Began organizing for the 2017 Mayors Bike Walk Summit, in Columbia, SC.