2015 Year in Review
This year, we celebrate a 20 year Anniversary. In 1995, a group of volunteers decided our state needed some changes for safer bicycling, so the Palmetto Cycling Coalition was started. Our mission and work has evolved, and our 20 Year Annual Report is in the making so you can see the history of our state bike advocacy movement. Until then, here’s a quick review of our 2015 Accomplishments to date, as you consider your #GivingTuesday donation:
- Passed H.3909 through the State House of Reps., the Dylan Paul Mitchell Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Act;
- Created a 10 minute bike law Legal Update for the SC Criminal Justice Academy, required for SC officer training each year;
- Trained and supported SSSL ambassadors in our SSSL curriculum;
- Successfully worked with SCDOT to again update rumble strip design, with planning/route selection remaining persistent challenges;
- Represented SC and lobbied for policies affecting our state during the National Bike Summit, for the 11th year.
There’s still work to do. Remember us – as we work tirelessly to improve SC’s laws, state agency street policies, and state bike safety education.