H.3656, Complete Streets legislation, passed subcommittee! In a major victory, not easily won, and definitely not over, a coalition advanced House bill H.3656, the Complete Streets bill, led by Representative Pendarvis of Charleston, successfully through House E&PW Transportation subcommittee. It received unanimous support with an amendment.
Tuesday, April 2, is when the full Committee meeting is scheduled for in Room 433, ~2pm, Solomon Blatt Building, 1105 Pendleton St, Columbia. This bill is written to compel SCDOT commit to a state policy for safer streets. See this Action Alert to contact your Legislator directly in support.
Thank you to the following organizations who testified or wrote letters in support of H.3656, Tuesday, Mar 26:
- Columbia Development Corporation
- SC Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Municipal Association of SC
- Palmetto Cycling Coalition
- American Heart Association – SC
- Coastal Conservation League
- National Action Network – SC
- Best Friends of Lowcountry Transit
- Charleston Moves
- SC Alliance of YMCA’s
Did the April 2nd meeting happen? I don’t see a link in the SC video archive for the Education and public works committee for that day and time.
H.3656 was on the committee agenda, but it was voted to be carried over, which delayed it until 2020.