New IIJA funding available for Cities & Towns!
January 25, 2022//Comments Off on New IIJA funding available for Cities & Towns!
- Website: https://www.transportation.gov/RAISEgrants
- Timing: Opening first quarter of 2022
- Eligibility: Road, transit, ports, etc. Multimodal, multi-jurisdictional projects encouraged
- Criteria: safety, sustainability, equity, economic competitiveness, mobility, and community connectivity.
- Amount: $1.5 a year now (potentially another $1.5 this year if Congress passes a budget)
- The last round resulted in a record-breaking 18%+ going to bike/ped with most road projects going to complete streets and state of good repair.
Rural Surface Transportation Grant
- Timing: First quarter of 2022
- Eligibility: Projects that improve and expand surface transportation infrastructure in rural areas, increasing connectivity, improving safety and reliability of the movement of people and freight, and generate regional economic growth.
- Amount: ~$400 million a year, includes set aside for small projects ($40 million/yr)**
- Some ideas: trails, well paved shoulders, e-bikeshare (we’ve seen rural areas apply for ebikeshare as transit/ connectivity), etc.
Safe Streets and Roads for All
- Timing: May 2022
- Eligibility: Safety plans and “data driven” projects identified in that plan
- Criteria: TBD
- Amount: $200 million a year now (another $1Billion this year if Congress passes a budget)
- Timing: Second quarter 2022
- Eligibility Projects that remove barriers that divide communities, (remove highways, add deck to highways) and reconnect neighborhood access (bike/ped)
- Criteria: TBD
- Amount: $100 million a year now (another $100 million this year if Congress passes a budget)
See the full description of these new, local funding opportunities in this Fact Sheet.